Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Daily Thoughts 04/10/2018


Giuseppe Sacconi, Allegory of Poetry, 1789

Daily Thoughts 04/10/2018

I rested on the train to work.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook at the library.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

This month is National Poetry Month.

I placed on several copies of Want Not by Jonathan Miles for our next book club.

I put in two orders for new books this afternoon.

I have a pile of periodicals which I have not gotten to yet.

The Crochet Group met today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

I spent some time working on the scheduling for the last couple of weeks.  I am putting several full time salaried people into the schedule now.

I worked on the oversize books today.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word Class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight.

I put some poetry books on display including a few by Audre Lorde.

On the way home, I read some more of Enlightenment Now.  I am reading about how more people are seeking after happiness.

Web Bits

The State of America's Libraries 2018
https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/blogs/the-scoop/state-of-americas-libraries-2018/

How Libraries Are Reinventing Themselves to Fight Fake News
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanholmes/2018/04/10/how-libraries-are-reinventing-themselves-to-fight-fake-news/#375ea2c0fd16

Andrew Carnegie Built 1700 Public Libraries But Some Towns Refused Steel Barons Money
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2018/04/09/andrew-carnegie-built-1700-public-libraries-but-some-towns-refused-the-steel-barons-money/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8caf964e2ab2

No comments: