Thursday, December 15, 2011

Daily Thoughts 12/15/2011


Interior with poppies and reading woman (Lizzy Hohlenberg), 1905
Daily Thoughts 12/15/2011

On the way to work, I read some of The Life and Legend of Jay Gould by Maury Klein.  It is a book about ruthless ambition.  Jay Gould was considered the wickedest of the 19th century robber barons by many.  His financial transactions and business dealings are legendary for their double dealing and trickery.  The book describes a man driven by greed, absolutely loyal to his family, and continuously driven to self- improvement.  I am reading this book for the biography book club.

Today has been a quiet, steady day.  I updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  I also checked the displays.  We got our desk calendar for the new year yesterday.  I printed up some flyers for events that are coming up.  I am also working on the January, February schedule for programs.

Web Bits

The 25 Most Beautiful College Libraries In The World
http://flavorwire.com/240819/the-25-most-beautiful-college-libraries-in-the-world

No comments: