Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Daily Thoughts 06/05/2013

The Reader by The Wooded Bank Jean Baptiste Camille Corot, Between 1865 and 1870

Daily Thoughts 06/05/2013

I read a little bit more of Number Sense on the train to work.  The author is writing about how rankings are manipulated for law schools and the benefits and downsides of companies using Groupon.  It is helpful in understanding how statistics and data are manipulated to look different than they really are.

This morning I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also took pictures around the library of different furniture and bathrooms.  I also checked the displays and read the latest copy of the Times Literary Supplement.

I spent a little time writing the monthly report for May.  We write a summary page on what happened each month.  I also wrote a brief report on what happened at Book Expo America and Day of Dialog.

I spent a little time checking the gift books.  I am sitting here watching my new smart phone recharge.  It was about time for me to get one.

I checked out a book on Digital Photography for Dummies by Julie Adair King as well as a copy of The Shambling Guide to New York City by Mur Lafferty which is fantasy.  As always, I have a little bit too much to read.

I still have a stack of catalogs which I have to go through from Book Expo America.

Web Bits

Poetrys Appeal Library Journals Day of Dialog
http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/2013/05/in-the-bookroom/poetrys-appeal-library-journals-day-of-dialog/


Kawasaki Makes the Case for Self-Publishing

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/authors/pw-select/article/57646-kawasaki-makes-the-case-for-self-publishing.html

No comments: