Friday, May 6, 2011

Daily Thoughts 5/6/2011 (Better World Books, Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man)

Detail of The School of Athens showing Heraclitus and Michelangelo Buonarroti as one person 1509 Raffaello Sanzio

Daily Thoughts 5/6/2011

I am enjoying reading James Joyce , A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.  The Irish Catholic background is different enough for me to hold my interest.  It has a rather ornate writing style that is unique as well.

This morning, we had a meeting to discuss the website.  It was mainly focused on editing and how to use the website.  Pretty soon, I may have access to make some corrections to the site.  Hopefully things will get neater.

I also updated the Twitter this morning and checked the displays.

We are joining Better World Books for their discard program.  http://www.betterworldbooks.com/

I also have started preparing for ordering again.  We have money to start ordering books which is a relief.  I also put in my payment for Book Expo America and am looking forward to the Westchester Library Association conference with Seth Godin as the keynote.

I read some more of A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man on the train home.  There is a wonderful sense of guiilt and sin to the writing.  This guilt has an ornate feel to it.  It does not come across as the kind of guilt I am used to feeling.

No comments: