Thursday, October 11, 2018

Daily Thoughts 10/11/2018

File:Marie Spartali Stillman - Love Sonnets.jpg
Marie Spartali Stillman, Love Sonnets, 1894

Daily Thoughts 10/11/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of 12 Rules for Life An Antidote to Chaos.  Jordan B. Peterson describes how having a clear meaning to your life is important.  He describes as a counter force to evil in the form of tyranny.  He specifically is addressing Mao, Stalin, and Hitler.  There are references to the book, Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also examined some duplicate copies of books.

I am working on scheduling programs for the next four months.

I spent some time looking at signage.

I finished my monthly report for October.  It always includes statistics on programming and social media.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Excel 2013 class in the computer lab tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits



American Democracy Is Fracturing.  Libraries Say They Know How to Help

You Can Check Out A Cheese Book At This Michigan Library

Queens Library Puts On Teen Mental Health Week

How A Free Public Library Is Becoming a Beacon of Hope In Baltimore

No comments: