Tuesday, November 27, 2007

AALBC, Search Engine Submission










I am going to mention the African American Literary Book Club because I like the site design. One of my colleagues found out about it at Book Expo America in 2005. It has since grown to be one of the largest and best sites for reviewing African American literature. http://www.aalbc.com/ .
There are a few very good black science fiction and fantasy writers. A few good books which I can recommend are Steven Barnes, Zulu Heart-- An alternate America where the Moor's settle America and enslave the Irish and many Europeans. Europe has suffered an unrecoverable plague. Maryse Conde-- Who Slashed Celinare's Throat A Fantastical Tale-- a magical realistic fantasy which is set in Guadeloupe which combines political and social intrigue with vodun. The third novel is I am going to recommend is Clay's Ark by Octavia Butler about an alien plague that changes people into carriers of a mutated virus. A deeply dark book about our basest desires and what it means to stay human when you no longer are.

A lot of the patrons who come to the library like urban fiction. It is not my cup of tea, but because it has been asked for so much I can list a lot of authors even though I don't read them. I can even guess what people might like because the same people tend to choose a specific set of authors. Some of the authors which are being asked for are Zane, E. Lynn Harris, Chunichi, Karl Weber, Terri Woods, Omar Tyree, Noire, and others. I took the time to read Omar Tyree and I find him to be a very good writer. He is better than Iceberg Slim or Donald Goines the old school street authors which people sometimes ask for where I work in my opinion. I am not that fond of Eric Jerome Dickey, I don't like his writing style, but a lot of people love it. Most of the books come in soft cover trade paperbacks.
__________________________________________________________________


Hello, I have been thinking about search engine submission. I retried submitting my site to different search engines through http://www.submitexpress.com/ . I also put the search engine into a variety of directories, selecting a variety of them from http://submiturl.nu/ . Hopefully, this will start getting me some results from search engines. I have not gotten a single result from search engines according to hit counter, or from keywords. Everything has come from specific blog searches, forums, and blog sites.
___________________________________________________________________
Another site of interest has come up when checking where hits to my site were coming from. It is Google Reader, a blog reading tool put out by google. http://www.google.com/reader/view It looks mildly interesting.

1 comment:

AALBC.com said...

Thanks for mentioning AALBC.com om our Blog