Saturday, November 17, 2007

Elizabeth Moon and Some More Random Thoughts.



I am about halfway through Moon Flights by Elizabeth Moon, a short story collection. I enjoyed reading her earlier science fiction and fantasy. Both the Deeds of Paksenarion series, and the Vatta's War series are very good. There is a short story called Say Cheese which is set in the Vatta's war setting. This collection is a mix of swords and sorcery and military science fiction. So far, I've liked "Fools Gold" about a miser turned into a dragon, and "Politics" which is about the politics of a group of marines in the future. There are fifteen stories and an introduction by Anne McCaffrey who she has collaborated with.
I've finished adding images to each of my posts. These are all public domain images with their copyrights removed or just in the public domain because of age. I got most of them from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page .
It is fun to look through this site, there are a lot of very interesting images. Most of the images aren't particularly modern, but they are free and in my mind free is good. They are good for things like bookmarks, newsletter headers, and other minor items.
I haven't found any new places to post my site. I might go through and look at my keywords again to see how they might be improved. I am working a little bit each day on making this site better.
I just went and added a listing for Book Calendar to the social network site http://www.technorati.com/

1 comment:

Book Calendar said...

Some more circular logic. Talking to myself again about what I am doing. This blog is beginning to look a bit cloistered. Am I a hermit? Please post your philosophical or other thoughts here.