Thursday, June 18, 2009

Daily Thougths 6/18/2009

The King's library at Buckingham House from Pyne's Royal Residences (1819).


Daily Thoughts 6/18/2009

I am reading The Insider's Guide to Creating Comics and Graphic Novels by Andy Schmidt Featuring Tips & Insight From Comics Masters: Neal Adams, John Byrne, David Finch, Klaus Janson, Karl Kesel, John Romita Jr. and Many More. The book immediately starts off with an interesting idea; the first job of a writer is to communicate clearly to the reader and the second is to be entertaining. I rather like it.

One of the reasons I like to read about the technique of how graphic novels are put together is because they are based on the concept of storyboarding. Graphic novels, films, fashion design, animation, and video games all use storyboards. Many of the techniques crossover between the different arts. Graphic novels are written as scripts much like films. This is one of the reasons so many graphic novels are being turned into films.


I did not do much today. I have a day off because I am working this Saturday. I did go for a short walk up the hill in the rain to my local library to drop off a book. I also spent some time fooling around with Twitter.



If you order Spanish language titles Criticas has resumed publishing. http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6666098.html?desc=topstory

No comments: