Sunday, August 14, 2011

Daily Thoughts 8/14/2011

Set of Books with Cherry Blossoms, Chosui Yabu, Between 1858-1862, Woodblock Print


Daily Thoughts 8/14/2011


I spent some time on http://www.wearemedia.org which is a social media for nonprofits tutorial site.  I also spent some time updating my Facebook page.  It is a learning experience.

I also worked a bit on an online training module from Lynda.com which Westchester Library System provides for two months for employees that are part of member libraries.  I watched a training video on Facebook and am starting another training video on Social Media Marketing with Facebook and Twitter.  I rather like the sound of one idea, "Word of keyboard".

I also have got a new printer today.  They no longer sell ink cartridges for my current printer, so I had to go out and get a new one.  This time, I got a new one with fax, copy, and scan in addition to printing.  Hopefully, this will come in useful.

This afternoon, I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up some magnetic clip bookmarks for the Bag of Books which will be raffled off to a participant in the Adult Summer Reading Tea which is on August 17, 4-6 p.m., as well as picked up some wafer cookies and tea biscuits from the local produce market.

In addition, I read some more of Heartless by Gail Carriger in the laundromat.







No comments: