Sunday, February 8, 2009

Daily Thoughts

Still Life with French Novels and a Rose Vincent Van Gogh 1887


Daily Thoughts

Tomorrow I am going to the O'Reilly Tools of Change Publishing Conference. On Friday, I went to the New York Comic Con. I am going to be going on Monday for the whole day, and Wednesday morning.

On Tuesday, we have a professor from Pratt coming to visit us to talk about collection development and I have to be there to listen to the professors talk as well as have them evaluate the collection. Librarians from a variety of different libraries are coming to visit my library that day.

There are still a lot of things which I need to do to improve the collection.

This afternoon, I read some of an Advanced Reading Copy of Monster A Novel, by A. Lee Martinez. The writing reminds me a bit of a modernized version of Robert Asprin. The fantasy novel is coming out in May of 2009.

1 comment:

cathiesue said...

Thanks for the reccomendation of the new Martinez book. I enjoy Robert Aspirin very much. I've just found Gil's All Fright Diner on our library shelves and will give it a try.