Friday, November 8, 2013

Daily Thoughts 11/08/2013

Adolphe Monet Reading In The Garden, Claude Monet, 1866

Daily Thoughts 11/08/2013

I finished reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I was surprised at how closely the movie followed the book. It was a very close match. The book has lots of action and is gripping. I also started reading The Makerspace Workbench. I am reading about some of the constraints in building a makerspace which include power usage, noise, ventilation, square footage available, and safety precautions.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library. I also checked the library displays.

I am looking at the book Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. The Hunger Games series crosses reading levels. It is something that is read by adults, teens, and tweens (Age 10-12).

I went to the Friends of the Library Book and Bake Sale today, November 8, 2013. I had a cup of coffee and a piece of cake. A few people commented about the book Catching Fire. The movie Catching Fire is being released on November 22, 2013 in the United States.

I brought some flyers over to city hall. One of the me was the Focus Groups flyer.

Two more nonfiction books came in for me to read. Focus The Hidden Driver of Excellence by Daniel Goleman and Undisputed Truth by Mike Tyson which is his autobiography.

I took the Ipad Mini which we have for staff demonstration out today and tried the Total Boox service available from the Westchester Library System. http://www.totalboox.com/wls I downloaded Ipad the Missing Manual by J.D. Biersdorfer onto the Ipad Mini. It is a way for me to understand the different devices. Right now, I am fairly comfortable with the Kindle.

Web Bits

Flying A Drone Around the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building http://www.nypl.org/blog/2013/11/06/flying-drone-around-stephen-schwarzman-building

No comments: