Saturday, November 23, 2013

Daily Thoughts 11/23/2013

Daily Thoughts 11/23/2013

On the train to work, I started reading Dogfight How Apple and Google Went to War and Started a Revolution. The author opens with the competition between the Apple iOS operating system and the Google Android operating system for phones, tablets, and other devices.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library.

I also checked the displays and gift books.

The book, The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner came in for me to read. I read some of it on the train. The writing has an excellent flow to it. There is a lot about going very fast. The urge to go fast, to ride motorcyles, to live quickly, to be artistic. It reminds me of a friend whose ambition was to fly fighter jets. To go as fast as humanly possible.

Web Bits

What Does the Book Business Look Like on the Inside? by Daniel Menaker

http://www.vulture.com/2013/11/daniel-menaker-on-publishing-industry-insanity.html?mid=facebook_nymag

6 Ways to Beat Readers Block

http://blogs.publishersweekly.com/blogs/PWxyz/2013/11/22/6-ways-to-beat-readers-block/

No comments: