Monday, July 28, 2014

Daily Thoughts 07/28/2014

Nicolae Tonitza (1886 - 1940) - Natură moartă.
Daily Thoughts 07/28/2014

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I spent some time going through a sample box sent to us from Baker and Taylor of new items covering adult, teen, and children's books.  I also looked through the Poulin Project Distributtion to Underserved Communities grant box of books.  There were a lot of high quality poetry, literary journals, and literary fiction books which were donated to us.

I also summarized the results for some questions I had asked staff about training this morning.  I placed an order for new books and bestsellers.

I have the Brown Bag Nonfiction Book Club tomorrow from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m..  We are discussing The Island at the Center of the World by Russell Shorto.

I checked out the graphic novel version of The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. P. Craig Russell is the primary illustrator who is one of my favorite comic book artists.

I spent a little more time looking at grants.

Web Bits



George Bernard Shaw In Defense of Public Libraries

No comments: