Monday, March 16, 2015

Daily Thoughts 03/16/2015

At Home, Julius LeBlanc Stewart, 1897
Daily Thoughts 03/16/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.  I enjoyed reading the book.  It seems to be focused on women, however, the content is entertaining and appealing to a general audience.  I like the message that tidying up creates a delightful space and helps you decide what you want to do with your life.  The book even has a bit on feng shui at the end.

I worked on an order for new books this morning.

I read Hurricane Fever by Tobias Buckell.  It is a near future thriller set in the Caribbean. There is an alliance of Caribbean nations and a spy agency from the Caribbean.  It makes for an interesting.  The action also occurs during a major hurricane.

The main character, Prudence "Roo" Jones has enough different about him to make him a non cookie cutter hero.  Also, the super weapon which Roo ends up stopping is plausible.  There is plenty of action, some pathos, and a unique setting.

I enjoy reading Tobias Buckell's books.  http://www.tobiasbuckell.com

I also read some more of Messages The Communication Skills Book.  I am reading about conflict skills which includes assertiveness, fair fighting, and validation skills.

Web Bits


Berkeley Branch Deemed first Net Zero Energy Library in CA


Library of Things Launches on Saturday

No comments: