Saturday, April 18, 2015

Daily Thoughts 04/18/2015

Woman Reading, Henri Matisse, 1894

Daily Thoughts 04/18/2015

This morning, I read some more of The Blue Zones Solution.  I am reading about how social connections, personal interests, and attending church extend longevity.

I also started reading Clash of Eagles by Alan Smale.  This is an alternate history novel.  The setting is a Rome that did not fall invading North America and losing its first major battle against the natives.  The description of a Roman legion in 1248 c.e. is interesting.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I spent some more time looking at our libraries statistics.

I handed out a few more paper copies of the Mount Vernon Public Library survey this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

The book Curiosity by Alberto Manguel came in for me to read.

I spent some time looking at collection policies for committee work.  I also got contacted by someone for the Latino Americans 500 Years of History Grant.

I spent some time working on the order for new books next week.

Web Bits

The Real Purpose of Libraries by Ferguson Library Director Scott Bonner
https://www.readingrainbow.com/blog/2015/04/16/the-real-purpose-of-libraries-by-ferguson-library-director-scott-bonner/

The Future of the Future of Books
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lincolnmichel/the-future-is-never#.mo60EdyBd

Take a Look at New York City's Best Boutique Libraries
http://observer.com/2015/04/take-a-look-at-new-york-citys-best-boutique-libraries/

No comments: