Saturday, April 25, 2015

Daily Thoughts 04/25/2015

William Adolphe Bouguereau, Inspiration, 1898

Daily Thoughts 04/25/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I also read some more of Start A Revolution Stop Acting Like A Library.  I am reading about Facebook marketing as well as Youtube.

I placed Biblio Tech Why Libraries Matter More Than Ever In the Age of Google by John G. Palfrey  on hold.

I watched Mockingjay Part 1 of The Hunger Games on dvd.  It was fairly close to the book in content.

LaShonda Barnett will be at the Mount Vernon Public on May 14, 2015 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the community room.

I am reading The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage.  The style is unique.  It is the only graphic novel I have ever read with extensive historical footnotes at the bottom of each page and diagrams throughout.  So far many of the footnotes are about Lord Byron.  It reminds me a little bit of  Fallout J. Robert Oppenheimer, Leo Szilard, and the The Political Science of the Atomic Bomb by Jim Ottaviani which is a graphic novel about physics, math, and politics.

Web Bits


The Two Men Who Helped Create the World's Greatest Library

2015 Pulitzer Prize Winners and Finalists
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pulitzer-prize-winners-list-20150420-story.html#page=1

An Interview with Rick Riordan
https://www.sfsite.com/00a/rr406.htm

Library of the Future  7 Technologies We Would Love to See


No comments: