Friday, March 7, 2008

Morning Poem, Thoughts for the Day




Sky, Sand, Sea


Can you count the number of stars in the sky?

Can you count the number of sand grains on the beach?

Can you count the drops of water in the sea?

You are on the shore,

Standing next to infinity.


Good morning, I had a moment where a little poem came to me on the train. Sometimes this happens. Here it is.

My book came in today, Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss. It will be the next thing I read after Clear Blogging.

I noticed a new book which was out in the United Kingdom, Reaper's Gale: Tales of the Malazan Book 7 by Steven Erickson. It was released in the United Kingdom in May of 2007, now in March 2008 it should be here in the United States soon. There is usually a lag of six months to a year between books getting published between the United States and the United Kingdom. I am hoping this will change. I think it might be a little shorter between the United States and Canada. I am not sure about how long it takes for Australian titles to switch between the United States and Australia.

It has been a quiet day so far which is nice. I went around and took note of the various problems with the reference computers which need to be fixed. Mostly it is minor things like sticky keyboards, loose mouse chords, and little programming bugs.

No comments: