Thursday, March 13, 2008

Word Game, Thoughts for the Day

This is a short word game. It is taking colors, attaching the words to emotions and arranging them into a poem.

Word Association Game

Red, Blue, Yellow
Anger, Sad, Envious

Green, Black, Purple
Fresh, Dead, Happy

White, Brown, Pastel
Mad, Calm, Empty

Elizabeth Moon, Victory Conditions was enjoyable but not exceptional. It did not have enough depth to write a long review of the book. I felt like I was reading a book which I could add half a star to two stars like they do in the newspapers when they rate films because I did not know whether it was alright or good. If you like military science fiction you might find it good, but it is not as good as her other books in the series. I am noncommittal but not negative. I will continue reading her other books. I liked The Deeds of Paksenarrion much better than this.

Last night, I placed two more books on hold. The first is Kahlil Gibran The Collected Works With 84 Illustrations by the Author. It is a new omnibus edition printed on acid free paper. I also requested a short story collection Pump Six and Other Stories by Paolo Bacigulp.

I tried reading The Somnabulist by John Barnes, but after reading the first fifty pages, I could not get into the story. I am returning it this morning.

I just picked up a copy of a popular science title Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku

No comments: