Monday, March 3, 2008

Thoughts on Books, Missed Day

I missed a day for the first time. It was a chance to relax and recharge my batteries. I don't know if it had a bad impact for people.

Anyways, I recently chose not to read a couple books. I just could not get into the stories. I am getting more picky lately. The first book was M. John Harrison Nova Swing. I have got a bit tired of the science fiction book set in a bar. It has become too cliche. The original Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon was entertaining, but the opening gets a little old.

I am going to read Eats, Shoots and Leaves a grammar book which is supposed to be entertaining. It goes over the finer points of punctuation and how they can change the meaning of sentences. I just placed it on reserve for my library. I am surprised that someone came up with a suggested grammar classic for me.

I went to the library today and picked up Good-Bye Chunky Rice by Carig Thomson. It is a story of friendship set in a graphic novel. I also picked up Chicken With Plums by Marjane Satrapi who is the author of Persepolis, another graphic novel. Persepolis was recently made into a film which is supposed to be very good about life in Iran. Marjane Satrapi says she cannot go back to Iran because she is afraid she will never be able to leave if she goes back.

There is not a whole lot to say today. I had a cold today and stayed home from work. So, I am just going on and on.

3 comments:

AVCr8teur said...

Hope you feel better soon. It's okay to miss a day or two. Although most of us wished we could do this full-time and get paid. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nishan
I do hope you are feeling better. I to have been out for a while and have been remiss in visiting your site. I do apologize. And yes, it is ok to miss a few days. We all know there are lives outside of this blogging world.
Take care.
~JD

Book Calendar said...

Full time would be a little much. I am justing pulling back together today.