Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Daily Thoughts 10/19/2010 (Eco Libris, Acquisitions)

This picture was taken from number 757 of the magazine L'illustration, published on 29 August 1857. Wood engraving after a drawing by Jules Gaildrau. Illuminated Newsstand.

Daily Thoughts 10/19/2010

Today has been a very steady day.  I spent some time gathering selections for my Graphic Novel club tomorrow.  We also got a bunch of giveaways to distribute from http://eere.energy.gov/ .  This included posters, bookmarks, and other material for National Energy Awareness month which is this October.

I also went through my orders in preparation for tomorrows meeting for collection development.  I am also going over the assignments for shelf reading.

I worked a little more on the Fundamentals of Acquisitions class today from the American Library Association.  It gave some nice suggestions for upgrading my suggest an item web form.  I am looking at reading some recent material on acquisitions management.

Web Bits

I found this interesting.  It is a novel being written live for literacy.  The Novel Live.  http://www.thenovellive.org/novel/

The Eco Libris Campaign is a campaign to read books printed on recycled paper. http://www.ecolibris.net/greenbookscampaign2010.asp  I intend to read this book to be reviewed on November 10, 2010; The story of stuff : how our obsession with stuff is trashing the planet, our communities, and our health--and a vision for change  by Annie Leonard with Ariane Conrad.

No comments: