Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Daily Thoughts 04/18/2012


La Roche Guyon, Circa 1881, Theodore Robinson
Daily Thoughts 04/18/2012

On the way to work, I read some more of It's Your Biz on my Kindle Touch.  The author was writing about partnerships.

This morning, the book, The Power of Habit Why We Do What We Do In Life and Business by Charles Duhigg came in for me to read.

I also had a chance to update the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library as well as check the gift books this morning.

Right now, I am in the computer lab helping people look for jobs and fill out applications.  The session runs from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

There is a gallery exhibit called Contemporary Rhythms of abstract art in our rotunda.  I have been selecting books to supplement paintings and display in the glass cabinets.   The exhibit runs from April 19 to June 14, 2012.  http://www.mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/Current-Exhibit

I put a hold on the book, Straphanger: Surviving The End of the Automobile Age by Taras Grescoe.  I am quite a fan of trains because they let me read without having to drive.

We had our Board of Trustees Meeting tonight.  I saw a couple of colleagues who used to work here.
I also had a chance to catch up a bit on my reading of the New York Times Book Review.  I am saving the Bestseller lists for tomorrow.


No comments: