Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Daily Thoughts 04/25/2012


Anton van Duyl (the artist's husband), Therese Schwarz, 1918


Daily Thoughts 04/25/2012


I spent some time this morning making sure we had copies of books for the author panel including; Lord Tophet by Gregory Frost, Lovecraft Unbound edited by Ellen Datlow, Poe edited by Ellen Datlow, House of Windows by John Langan, Occultation by Laird Barrons and other titles for the May 8, 2012 author panel.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Power of Habit.  Charles is describing a process of changing bad habits.  He also describes belief plays an important role in changing habitual behaviors.

I spent some time updating the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library, I also checked the displays and the gift books.  There were a few more orders to suggest for Title Tales.

I am also preparing for tomorrows programming meeting.  Mount Vernon, New York has a new arts council.
http://www.mvac.co/about_9.html

The computer was down for a bit today so I spent some time cleaning my desk, double checking the displays and gift books.  We also had the computer lab open for slightly later hours.

I had a chance to look through two of the professional book catalogs for librarians, ala editions, and Neal-Schuman Publishers.  There was a lot more on technology than I saw before.  There were even some books on metadata which I might actually look for and read.

I spent some more time on Codecademy learning more advanced HTML including tables.  The next step I think is learning CSS.  Then after that it is beginning JAVA.

On the way home, I read some more of The Power of Habit.  The author is describing what he calls keystone habits, exercising, sharing dinner with your family, and working safely which lead to changes in other habits like dieting. 

No comments: