Monday, May 1, 2017

Daily Thoughts 05/01/2017

Harold Harvey, 1920 - The new book.jpg
Harold Harvey, The New Book, 1919

Daily Thoughts 05/01/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed a hold on the book Deviate The Science of Seeing Differently by Beau Lotto.

I am looking at the Community Conversation for Immigration from Humanities New York.


I looked at the Purchase Alerts last night for books.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

I also did a little bit of work on ordering today.

I checked out the graphic novel, Paul Gaugin, The Other World by Fabrizio Dori.  It is a biographical story about Gaugin.  I read it on the train home.  It is a mix of Tahitian mythology, biography, and extreme artistic vision.  The artwork and storytelling is superb with vibrant colors and wonderful drawing.  I very much enjoyed reading this.  This book is part of a series.  I am hoping to read the graphic novel on Pablo Picasso next.

Web Bits

Thomas Bender: "The NEH Began Over 200 Careers in Libraries, Archives and More

No comments: