Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Daily Thoughts 05/17/2017


Books and Cards, Reisai, Japanese 18th-19th Century

Daily Thoughts 05/17/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way home from work, I read some more of We Have No Idea.  I am reading about particle physics and the periodic table of the elements.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I am reading a copy of Library Journal and the latest Ingram Advance right now.

I spent some time checking biography books and 600s.

There was a makeup session for the Senior Memoir Writing Class this morning.

I spent some time discussing a possible local authors day in August with Peter Sherrill who publishes local authors.

The book, Seasteading How Floating Nations  Will Restore the Environment, Enrich the Poor, Cure the Sick, and Liberate Humanity from Politicians by Joe Quirk with Patri Friedman came in for me to read.  It is pure pie in the sky mixed with bluesky thinking.

There is a Wordpress class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Computer Lab tonight.

Web Bits


Libraries Are Dropping Overdue Fines But Can They Afford To?

House Votes to Limit Powers of First Black Librarian of Congress
http://www.blackpressusa.com/house-votes-to-limit-powers-of-first-black-librarian-of-congress/

Libraries Are For Everyone 

Queens Library, A Welcoming Place With Open Doors

Queens Library Libraries AreFor Everyone Campaign

Libraries Are For Everyone Artwork


No comments: