Friday, May 12, 2017

Daily Thoughts 05/12/2017

Reading of Love, He being by - Robert Bateman
Reading of Love, He Being By, Robert Bateman 1874

Daily Thoughts 05/12/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some of Utopia for Realists.  The author tackles subjects like a guaranteed basic income and poverty relief.  He makes the argument that it is cheaper to provide counseling and housing than leave people homeless on the streets for the police, social workers, and courts to deal with.

On the train to work, I read some more of Utopia for Realists.  I am reading about how GDP (Gross Domestic Product) can include many detrimental aspects of an economy.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

Today is the Book and Bake Sale for the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library.  I had a brownie and some coffee.  I also bought the book, Space Flight Satellites, Space Ships, Space Stations, and Space Travel Explained by Dr. Carsbie C. Adams.  The book is from 1958.  There are pictures of V-2 Rockets, missiles, and early proposed moon rockets.

Right now, I am in the computer lab.

I spent some time training a new person on the reference desk.

I also spent a little time working on a grant for teen computers.


Web Bits


A Better Way to Get Kids In The Library Stop Fining Them

Bookseller Suing California Over 'Autograph Law'

The Amazing Story of Kentucky's Horseback Librarians
http://archiveproject.com/the-horseback-librarians-of-eastern-kentucky-10-photos

                                                                             

No comments: