Friday, January 23, 2009

Daily Thoughts


Domenico Feti (1589-1623)Portrait of a ScholarOil on canvas



Daily Thoughts



The Louvre museum is hosting its first comic book exhibition.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20090122/ap_tr_ge/eu_travel_brief_france_comics_in_the_louvre



Today has been another steady day. I filled in a few books for the current events display that were taken out yesterday. I also put in some law inserts for the law books. I also started weeding the 621s the section on computer hardware and peripherals.



I ordered a bunch of accounting titles as well as new test book titles for open job positions listed in the county job listings. So, it is a smooth, quiet predictable day.



Today ended quietly without hassle. Nothing unexpected happened. No momentous events. No meetings. It was perfect.



I finished reading the The Devil's Eye by Jack McDevitt. I am digesting it in my mind right now. I want to think about it for a little bit before I start writing a review about it. It was a very good book, surprising in its ending. I also began reading The Breath of God by Harry Turtledove, a fantasy novel in a unique setting. I like Harry Turtledove's fantasy better than his alternate history novels. I have both books sitting in front of me next to my computer.

No comments: