Friday, March 8, 2013

Daily Thoughts 03/08/2013

Catherine Douglas Bell, 1861

Daily Thoughts 03/08/2013

This morning, I read some more of Al Gore, The Future.  I am reading about issues of growth and population.  A lot of it is about peak food production, peak oil, rising sea levels, and diminishing resources.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays.  I also spent a little time thinking about the Mills Law Collection which is a collection of law books, and the Haynes Collection which is a collection of African American reference books.

I spent some time working with the 600s and also spent some time looking at the new books.  Simon Garfield's book On the Map just came up for the new books.  I also checked the donations.  We got a new book donated about Martin Luther King Jr.  which we are adding to the collection.

On the way home, I read a little bit more of Al Gore, The Future. Right now, I am reading about changes in genetic engineering from the human genome project to patenting life.  It is interesting and a bit scary.

No comments: