Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Daily Thoughts 03/20/2013

Dr. Samuel Johnson reading 'The Vicar of Wakefield'., 1853

Daily Thoughts 03/20/2013

I read a little bit more of Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 for Dummies.  One of the interesting things about Sharepoints is that it creates a document sharing environment which significantly reduces the need for paper.  Basically different permissions can be set to view documents in a central repository.  People can also generate shared lists, calendars, and web parts.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library.  I also checked the displays.  I rather like the new nesting tables which we got for display.  I spent some time in the acquisitions module of the catalog as well.

The board of trustees meeting is tonight.

Web Bits

Are Independent Bookstores Making a Comeback?
http://publishingperspectives.com/2013/03/are-independent-bookstores-making-a-comeback/

No comments: