Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Daily Thoughts 01/14/2014

Georges Braque, Musical Instruments, 1908
Daily Thoughts 01/14/2014

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I took a day off to relax on Monday.  This morning, there was a staff meeting.  There is going to be a new campaign to support the library, grandma says.  We discussed various internal issues like putting in a new table in the staff lunch room, new signage, and shelving.

This morning, I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also worked on flyers for programs.  One of the staff is starting full time as part of my department.  I also did some ordering of bestsellers and patron requests this morning.

Web Bits

Should Books Be Sold
http://www.worldliteraturetoday.org/2014/january/should-books-be-sold-ilan-stavans#.UtV1IUoo61t
The idea of product placement inside novels is a bit annoying.  Does your character drink Coca Cola or wear Gucci?  I would rather have made up brands than the real thing.

No comments: