Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/05/2014


A Young Woman Reading, Rembrandt, 1634
 
Daily Thoughts 08/05/2014

I checked Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the gift books and the displays.  I spent some time working with the oversize books.  I read a few copies of Publishers Weekly.

I placed the book Wired for Story: The Writer's Guide to Using Brain Science To Hook Readers from the Very First Sentence by Lisa Cron.

I did a little preparation for the Programming Committee meeting.  As part of the monthly statistics, one of our computer teachers suggested some classes we might want to do.  People like the Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint as well as the Android Tablets class.  There are basic computer classes tonight, a Beginning Microsoft Word Class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.

Web Bits

How Technology is Reinventing the Library Experience
http://www.statetechmagazine.com/article/2014/07/how-technology-reinventing-library-experience


Report: Libraries Struggling with Ebooks

No comments: