Saturday, August 30, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/30/2014


Daily Thoughts 08/30/2014

I am on vacation right now.  I am in Seattle taking care of some personal things.  I spent eight hours on an airplane on Thursday.  I finished a book, The Circle by Dave Eggers which was an interesting warning about what could happen if social media got completely out of hand.

I also read another novel, The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin.  It was a novel about a bookseller before the age of the internet and e-books.  A.J. Fikry is the classic slightly grumpy old fashioned bookseller.  He adopts a baby which is left in his store.  There are many very literary references throughout the book.  Each chapter begins with a summary of a classic work.  It was very enjoyable reading this novel.

I bought a book in the airport bookstore when I was in Atlanta on a stopover.  It is an action spy novel by Mark Sullivan called Outlaw.  The story is a fairly pure piece of fantasy.  Mark Sullivan cowrote a few books with James Patterson.

I have not been doing a lot of reading.


No comments: