Friday, March 5, 2010

Daily Thoughts 3/5/2010

"La Liseuse" - Pastel drawing of painter's second daughter, Louise, aged 19. Charles Louis Gratia (1815-1911), Photograph by Herve Piraud.


Daily Thoughts 3/5/2010

Good morning. Today is another quiet day. I designed a few flyers for programs I am planning on doing; a poetry program, a film, and the graphic novels club. These are programs which I like doing and are not that hard to do. I also designed a larger 11" x 17" flyer for Women's History month which is March. I am looking at the graphic novels bookmark which was just printed up for me.


This afternoon, I did some more weeding in the mezzanine. Things are moving steadily along. Pretty soon, the paperbacks are going to be moved as well. This has been a very large project. There is still a lot to think about.


On the way home, I read some more of The Mindful Path to Self Compassion. It reminds us that the self help movement is often based on the concept of self perfectionism. There never seems to be a point where you are good enough, happy enough, or healthy enough in many self help books. I like to think it is alright to sometimes just relax and be yourself. I am almost finished reading the book.

No comments: