Monday, March 8, 2010

Daily Thoughts 3/8/2010

Paul Alexis Reading a Manuscript to Zola, 1869, Paul Cezanne, Oil On Canvas, Sao Paolo Museum of Art


Daily Thoughts 3/8/2010


Today has been a quiet day. I did some weeding in the mezzanine. We had a service meeting to discuss how our collection is going. I also made sure that the displays were updated and read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.


The Web 2.0 Libraries conference I planned to attend was cancelled for March 16, 2010. It was a bit disappointing. I am going to see if I can go to a workshop at the New York Librarians Meetup instead.


I am reading more of The Lost Fleet, Relentless by Jack Campbell. Captain Geary has come back from a hundred years of cold sleep to find the battle between the republic and the syndics rages on interminably. The syndics are corporate syndicate controlled worlds. I am enjoying it so far. There are losses, intrigue, and ruthless warfare.

No comments: