Thursday, September 1, 2011

Daily Thoughts 9/1/2011

A "Reader" in cigar factory, Tampa, Fla. He reads books and newspapers at top of his voice all day long. This is all the education many of these workers receive. He is paid by them and they select what he shall read. Location: Tampa, Florida.  Date Created/Published: 1909 January. 

Daily Thoughts 9/1/2011

We are preparing for a presentation on Ereaders on September 7, 2011.  I also confirmed that we will have Kenneth C. Davis coming in January.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts.  I also checked the displays.  We also took the library service survey down from the website.  It ended on August 31, 2011.  Now, we have to compile the information so that it is presentable.

The book A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin came in for me to read.  I have been waiting for this book for several years.

I started reading Lincoln As I Knew Him Gossip Tributes & Revelations from His Best Friends and Worst Enemeies, edited by Harold Holzer.  It is a collection of vignettes, letters, and anecdotes about Lincoln.  We are reading a biography on Lincoln as part of the Biography Book Club which is happening on September 20, 2011.


No comments: