Friday, September 9, 2011

Daily Thoughts 9/9/2011

Still-life with Rarities, Jan Van der Heyden, 1712


Daily Thoughts 9/9/2011

I finished reading A Dance With Dragons on the train to work today.  It was quite enjoyable.  There is a huge cast of characters.


This morning, I spent some time checking the Facebook and Twitter account.  I also checked the displays.

I joined the ALCTS (Association of Library Collections and Technical Services) Eforum this morning to discuss gift policies.  We have been getting a lot more gifts lately.  We got a large donation of African American titles with authors like T.D. Jakes, E. Lynn Harris, Michael Baisden, Iyanla Vanzant and others.

I also made a set of phone calls to people who were at the previous Writers Networking Event.  We have one coming up on September 15, 2011 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the Rotunda Art Gallery.  I also printed up some more fliers for the event.

On the way home, I read some of Blur How To Know What's True In The Age Of Information Overload by Bill Kovach and Tom Rosenstiel.  The authors are journalists so we are dealing with journalistic truth which is an interesting concept.  Journalistic truth comes across as a bit flexible to me.

I did half an hour more on Lynda.com for training and finished the first hour of a 10 hour course on Indesign CS5.  It will be a slow steady process.

Web Bits

A Set of Library Posters on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philbradley/sets/72157625923493122/

No comments: