Thursday, July 12, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/12/2012

Men of the Day No. 1118: Caricature of Samuel ClemensCaption read "Below the Mark".  Published in Vanity Fair, 13 May 1908.

Daily Thoughts 07/12/2012


I read some more of  Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee on the train to work.  It is very much the story of  Thomas Jefferson's table.  The book describes a number of political dinners with important figures in French and American history including John Adams.  It also describes Jefferson's habit of eating lots of vegetables.

This morning I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also updated the Facebook and Twitter accounts. I spent a little more time looking over the website statistics.

I put the book Chimera by T.C. McCarthy on hold.  It is military science fiction.  A chimera is a mix of different animals. 

We had the Computer Lab open today between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

The book, Existence by David Brin has come in for me to read.  It is a science fiction book.

Web Bits


Ebook Strategy and Public Libraries: Slow Just Work Any More
http://www.thedigitalshift.com/2012/07/ebooks/ebook-strategy-and-public-libraries-slow-just-wont-work-anymore/

No comments: