Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/25/2012



Louise Tiffany Reading, Louis Comfort Tiffany, 1888 Pastel

Daily Thoughts 07/25/2012

This morning I did some more exercises in The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook.  I also updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  In addition, I checked the gift books.  I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.

The library has the computer lab open between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. today.  People are mainly printing up documents, doing job search, and writing resumes.

I put the book, Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed on hold.  She is an advice columnist for a website called The Rumpus.  I am not sure why I am requesting this book.  It was reviewed in the New York Times Book Review.  The review was entertaining.

I spent some time looking at the collection management sheet where we write down what patrons ask for.  There is a lot of crossover between the purchase alerts and latest bestsellers.  I also looked at the purchase alerts for items with lots of holds.

I still have to read the latest issue of Forecast from Baker and Taylor.  They often include titles that have not been reviewed in Library Journal, Booklist, or Publishers Weekly.

No comments: