Friday, July 27, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/27/2012

Boy Holding a Book (Portrait of Lorenzo Tiepolo), Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, oil on canvas, New Orleans Museum of Art, c. 1747-1750



Daily Thoughts 07/27/2012


This morning on the train to work, I read some more of The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook, I am about two thirds finished with the book.  A lot of it is changing the way you think about things to more positive outcomes.

I also checked the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library, checked the displays, and checked the gift  books.

This afternoon, I did some checking in the inventory.  I also spent some time talking about shelving issues to different people.  I have a few programs which are coming up including the End of Adult Summer Reading Tea on August 10, and the Women's Enterprise Development Center Is Small Business Right for You in August. 

On the way home, I did some more exercises in The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook. I also checked out the movie Guys and Dolls.  One of my fathers friends used to sing I've Got the Horse Right Here, and I never saw the movie.  I don't gamble at cards or horses because I know I'm not that good at pure games of chance.  I sometimes play backgammon for points, Paul Magriel who is a world champion player has an excellent book called Backgammon.



Web Bits

How Google Organizes the World Q&A With the Manager of Knowledge Graph
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/how-google-organizes-the-world-qa-with-the-manager-of-knowledge-graph.php
This reminds me of the concept of the social graph which is the total map of social interconnections on the internet.

No comments: