Friday, July 13, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/13/2012

Anton Chladek (1794 - 1882) - Portrait of Romanian poet Alecu Văcărescu, National Art Museum of Romania, Bucureşti

Daily Thoughts 07/13/2012

I have been reading David Brin's Existence.  The book is enjoyable, it is about alien contact.  There are a number of discussions threading throughout the book about SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), artificial intelligence, and humanities generally meddlesome nature.  There is a very chaotic lively feeling to the writing.  I am a fan of David Brin's writing, I especially liked The Uplift War series, and I follow him on Facebook and Twitter.  I also occassionally read his material from Reason magazine which is a libertarian magazine.

This morning, I checked the displays, gift books, and updated the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library.  I still have some New York Times Book Reviews to catch up on for my professional reading.

I finished going through the New York Times Book Reviews today.  I am caught up on my professional reading.  I also checked the Collection Management sheets for patron requests.  Sometimes you learn little details like many military personnel prefer the McGraw Hill version of the ASVAB.  This helps make ordering books better. 

No comments: