Monday, October 1, 2012

Daily Thoughts 10/01/2012

Fumi yomu musume. Print shows a young woman, full-length, standing, facing left, reading a letter.   Date Created/Published: [between 1844 and 1848]


Daily Thoughts 10/01/2012

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library.  I also checked the displays.  I spent some time talking to representatives from both Baker and Taylor and BWI.  Baker and Taylor has acquired BWI.

This afternoon, I spent some time looking at job books.  I checked the human resources section of the Westchester.gov website for open and continuing job listings for which test books to get for civil service.  I also wrote down some of the classes which are at the Educational Opportunity Center of Westchester like Commercial Drivers License, Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding, Certified Pharmacy Technician, and Home Health Aide so I could buy exam books.

 I also spent some time looking at professional computer books, like Agile Project Management, Sharepoint, Essbase, Crystal Reports, Oracle, Ubuntu linux and similar material.  We have some computer professionals who come to the library on a regular basis.

On the way home, I read some more of Madrigal's Magic Keys to Spanish, I have about ten more days of reading to finish the book.  I spent a little bit of time looking over the common phrases and vocabulary in the back of the book.

Web Bits

Banned Books Week at 30
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-industry-news/article/54133-banned-books-week-at-30-new-and-notable-efforts.html

No comments: