Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Daily Thoughts 10/24/2012

Portrait of Jean Mielot, Jean Le Tavernier, After 1456

Daily Thoughts 10/24/2012

It was quite interesting going to the Big Data Meetup.  It was very different from what I expected.  I am still pondering what I am going to say about it.  I'll probably have to do a bit of research before I can fully explain what I saw.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook account for the library.

On the way to work, I read some more of Online Reputation Management for Dummies.  There was a recommendation for the book, The End of Business As Usual by Brian Solis which I checked out from our new books section.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  A copy of Baker and Taylor Forecasts came in for me to read.

The computer lab was open between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. today. 

I spent some time looking through lists of missing and lost items.  I am probably going to reorder some material.  I have been focusing on fiction initially; popular authors like Mary Monroe, Carl Weber, James Patterson, Nora Roberts, and Jodi Picoult.

On the way home, I read some more of Online Reputation Management for Dummies.  I was especially interested in what the author had to say about images and photographs and how to use Flickr.  I also read a bit more from On Politics.  The author, Paul Ryan, is moving from Socrates to Aristotle.  I find some of Aristotle's views on women, politics, and slavery to be distasteful. 



Web Bits

RA 4 FB Creating A Social Space for Readers
http://www.ebscohost.com/novelist/novelist-special/ra-4-fb-creating-a-social-space-for-readers
I rather like Bookriot which was mentioned in this article.

No comments: