Thursday, October 11, 2012

Daily Thoughts 10/11/2012

Still-Life with Statuette and Shells, Sebastian Stoskopff, First half of the 17th Century.

Daily Thoughts 10/11/2012

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library.  I also looked at the displays, gift books,  and checked the email reference.

The book, At The Mouth of the River of Bees by Kij Johnson came in for me to read.  It is a collection of short stories.  I read the New York edition of the El Diario newspaper, on the train to work.  I think I can understand a little more than half of it.

We had the computer lab open this afternoon from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..  I helped a few people with job search online.

I mostly relaxed on the way home.  Something is convincing me that I should read Paradiso by Dante.  I have already read Inferno.  It would be a nice change of pace.


Web Bits


Celebrate All Hallow's Read on October 31
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/celebrate-all-hallows-read-on-october-31_b58834

National Book Awards Finalists Announced Today
http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/2012/10/in-the-bookroom/national-book-award-finalists-announced-today/#_
I am looking at the poetry.

No comments: