Thursday, October 4, 2012

Daily Thoughts 10/04/2012

View of the statue of Ovid in Constanța, Romania. 1900

Daily Thoughts 10/04/2012

This morning, I read some more of A Universe From Nothing by Lawrence M. Krauss.  The author describes how quantum fluctuations in nothing can create the universe.  He also says that mathematical laws make the universe possible.  It is a different explanation than I expected.  It is something worth thinking about.

There is a virtual conference,  The Digital Shift: Libraries Ebooks and Beyond on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. http://www.thedigitalshift.com/events/ebooks-and-beyond/

This morning, I checked the displays and updated the Twitter and Facebook account for the library.  I also did a little more checking on the website.

The computer lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.  I also am getting ready to order nonfiction books.

I finished reading A Universe From Nothing on the way home.  I liked the description that the universe may actually be a multiverse with many different possible universes with different laws.

Web Bits

Librarian Patience Has Run Out On e-book Lending Issues Library Association Says
http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2012/librarian-patience-has-run-out-on-e-book-lending-issues-library-association-says/?et_mid=582063&rid=232351510

No comments: