Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Daily Thoughts 02/06/2013

New library of Sainte Geneviève (Paris, 1859). Nouvelle bibliothèque Sainte-Geneviève (Paris, 1859).

Daily Thoughts 02/06/2013

I have been reading more of Mastermind.  The author is focusing on how to pay attention: be obejctive, be selective in what you remember, engage with your interests, look for and include the small details.  I am finding the book to be very dense and slow reading.  It is meant to be thought about.

I checked the libraries social media this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  Someone donated some James Patterson, Brad Thor, and Vince Flynn thrillers which are popular reading.  There is an entrepreneurship program tonight, The Women's Enterprise Development Center First Steps program from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 6, Thursday February 7, and Wednesday, February 13, 2013. http://www.mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/WEDCFirstStepsProgram

I spent a little more time working with the 900s today.  There is a new copy of Library Journal for me to read.  I put the book, The Federal Reserve and the Financial Crisis by Ben Bernanke on hold.  Based on the reviews, the writer, and the subject, I think it will be an important book to read.  I also requested On the Map: A Mind Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks by Simon Garfield.  I liked Simon Garfield's earlier book about typography, Just My Type.  As always, I have too many books to read.

No comments: