Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Daily Thoughts 02/27/2013

Interior view with a young notary at his desk; oil on canvas; 38.4 x 34.5 cm, circa 1830

Daily Thoughts 02/27/2013

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  There is an interesting article on NPR Books on the book Salt, Sugar, Fat How The Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss.  It looks interesting. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/02/26/172969363/how-the-food-industry-manipulates-taste-buds-with-salt-sugar-fat

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also spent a little more time working on the 900s.  I have quite a bit more reading to do.  I have two Publishers Weekly magazines to read and a copy of Baker and Taylor Forecast.

I spent a little time looking at the displays in the storage area yesterday and today.

I spent some time reading Forecast from Baker and Taylor.  The latest set of advanced reading copies from Library Journal came in for me to read, The Cherry Cola Book Club by Ashton Lee which is a comfortable southern novel, Letters from the Skye by Jessica Brockmole, Nothing Serious by Daniel Klein, Fangs Out by David Freed which is a mystery, The Conduct of Saints by Christopher Davis, Dead Wrong by Connie Dial which is a mystery, Blood and Beauty by Sarah Dunant which is a historical novel about the Borgias, Thursdays in the Park by Hilary Boyd which is by a writer from the United Kingdom, and Jewelweed by David Rhodes which is a literary novel.

We just got the New York Times historical database for our library.  I have used it a few times.  I prefer emailing people articles over printing articles when I search for periodicals, it saves paper.

I am caught up on my reading.  I went through the last two issues of Publishers Weekly.  I am starting on ordering material.

No comments: