Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Daily Thoughts 04/03/2013

Map of the Winkie Country of Oz (East and West are reversed), The Lost Princess of Oz, first published in the United States in 1917. L. Frank Baum (illustrated by John R. Neill)

Daily Thoughts 04/03/2013

I checked the libraries Twitter and Facebook this morning.   I also finished reading Publishing Ebooks for Dummies.  Ali Luke describes blogging to promote books as well as how to do online interviews on blogs. 

I checked the displays this morning, checked the gift books, and spent a lot of time reading book reviews.  I was on vacation last week, so I had a lot of material to read.  I put the book Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation  by Michael Pollan on hold.  I like Michael Pollan's writing style.

I checked out the book, The Labyrinth of Dreaming Books A Novel by Walter Moers.  It is a mix of fantasy, humorous illustration, and bibliographic obsession.  It should be entertaining.

I still have a copy of Forecast to read.


Web Bits

Ebooks Are Actually Not Books Schools Among First To Realize
http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2013/ebooks-are-actually-not-books-schools-among-first-to-realize/


The Simple Reason Why Goodreads is so Valuable to Amazon
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/04/the-simple-reason-why-goodreads-is-so-valuable-to-amazon/274548/

No comments: