Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2013

John Otis Adams, Binding Books, 1904

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2013

I spent a little bit of time checking the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also read a little bit of Not In the Club which is about how clubs or exclusive groups form inside organizations.  Most of it is focused on how men create groups which exclude women.

I spent some time reading the latest New York Review of Books.  I put the book Debt The First 5000 Years by David Graeber on hold.

This afternoon I spent some time weeding in the 900s and the large print collection.  There is quite a bit more to do.  I spent a little time discussing the library website with a colleague.

The Board of Trustees meeting is tonight at 6:30 p.m.

I read a little bit of a novel of interstellar intrigue, Fire With Fire by Charles E. Gannon from the Baen books website.


Web Bits

Crowdfunding the Library
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/04/funding/crowdfunding-the-library/

No comments: