Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Daily Thoughts 08/10/2016

The Reader - Grace Cossington Smith
The Reader, Grace Cossington Smith, 1916

Daily Thoughts 08/10/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I did a little weeding in the morning.

The book, The Last Days of New Paris by China Mieville came in for me to read.

I interviewed a person today for a Librarian I position.

There is an Intermediate HTML and CSS class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I wrote my monthly report today for July.  I will do my statistics later.

I am thinking about a tidbit of information.  In 1982, the Moral Majority sought access to patrons private library records in New York for political ends.  This is a reason why library records are private in New York state.
http://www.nytimes.com/1982/03/04/nyregion/legislature-approves-a-bill-to-bar-library-disclosures-on-borrowers.html

This led to CPLR 4509 for New York State.
http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/excerpts/cvp4509.htm


Web Bits




Diversity In Book Publishing Isn't Just About Writers-- Marketing Matters, Too

 

No comments: