Thursday, August 25, 2016

Daily Thoughts 08/25/2016

File:Chinese - Vase with a Scene from a Novel - Walters 49201.jpg
Vase With a Scene from a Novel, Anonymous, Between 1660 and 1680.

Daily Thoughts 08/25/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent some time discussing the Librarian I position with people.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I am making sure the room is set up for the program tonight featuring Nicole Dennis-Benn.  The program went very well tonight.  Nicole Dennis-Benn read a number of excerpts from her book, Here Comes the Sun. She also mentioned Marlon James which was interesting.  There was open period for questions and answers.

There was also a Social Media class this evening from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits


Neil Gaiman On Why We Read and What Books Do for the Human Experience

Library of Things Opens in West Norwood

2016 Hugo Awards

New York Public Library Reads Up on the Cloud


No comments: