Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Daily Thoughts 08/13/2019

Public Library, Springfield, Ohio (1912) (21422717423).jpg
Public Library, Springfield, Ohio Postmark Date: Nov. 5, 1912

Daily Thoughts 08/13/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Build A Great Team, One Year to Success.  I am reading about professional development and learning organizations.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking fiction as well as nonfiction in the mezzanine.

We will be closing for a week, next week to to do adult weeding in the library from 08/19- 08/23/2019.  The focus will be on more than weeding.  We will be looking for things that needed to be mended as well as checking the shelves for items that are no longer in our collection and putting the shelves in order.

I worked on an order of books from Brodart.

I have a whole bunch of magazines to read including Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, Booklist, the New York Times Book Review, and the Ingram Advance.

I finished writing my monthly report.  I also wrote another report for weeding.

I did some work on scheduling.

Web Bits

Project Calls Attention to the Changing Roles of Libraries
https://www.capecodtimes.com/news/20190811/project-calls-attention-to-changing-role-of-libraries?rssfeed=true

An Ordinary Trip to the Library Becomes A Sensual Experience

Could the Free Library Replace Your Office?


No comments: